Our journal welcomes original and innovative contributions that have not been published elsewhere. We invite whoever is interested in Public Archaeology issues to submit papers on any topic concerned with the relationship between archaeology and the wider world, as well as papers related to our Topic of the year.
The journal is published once a year. Each volume presents:
- a Topic of the Year section with articles that analyse a specific subject from several points of view;
- a Satura Lanx section with articles beyond the main theme;
- an Archaeotales section our archaeological short stories;
- a News section that follows the academic papers in order to provide readers with first-hand reportages and analyses of important events of the year;
- a Reviews section about relevant books, conferences, exhibitions, videos, etc.
Submissions are admitted only in clear English. Any professional translation service – if needed – should be requested in advance and is in author’s charge. Publication is free: there are neither processing nor submission charges.
All papers are subject to a refereeing process in accordance with the double–blind peer review system, prior to acceptance for publication.
The review process is based on the following criteria:
- originality and freshness: paper offers a brand-new viewpoint of the selected argument and introduces new theories, enlarging the existing literature. Paper represents new ideas and creative tools, useful to practitioners;
- scientific approach: paper presents both theoretical analysis and empirical examples, supported by data, case-studies or researches;
- clearness, pertinence of academic language: paper should be written in clear English, avoiding the use of many unfamiliar words;
- good command of literature review.
Papers that present a case study should highlight the relevance and feasibility of the project, describing the practical application of research and the benefits derived by the end-user. After the review process, the contributions could be:
- unconditionally accepted;
- accepted with minor revisions;
- accepted with major revisions;
The contents are licensed under the CC BY 4.0 international license. This license allows for copying and adapting any part of the work for personal and commercial use; appropriate credit to the author(s) must be provided. For a copy of the entire license content see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode.