Papers presenting case studies, theoretical and methodological reflections, reviews on central research themes or peculiar initiatives are welcomed.
We are interested in contributions offering original and trans-disciplinary approaches tackling the following research areas:
- Practical and theoretical advances in public and community archaeology;
- Description and evaluation of public education and outreach initiatives in archaeology;
- Digital and traditional storytelling techniques applied to archaeology and cultural heritage;
- Inclusivity, accessibility, use and reuse cases of archaeological heritage;
- Cultural Resource Management (CRM), crowdsourcing and citizen science experiences in archaeology;
- Studies in digital archaeology related to contemporary society, from open data to archaeological content curation;
- Studies of reception and representation of archaeology in contemporary society.
Additionally, we welcome any other cultural heritage-related contribution which displays a strong affinity with the core research areas or discusses the value of the proposed insights within the public archaeology domain.
We provide free and immediate access to all the contents of the current and previous volumes.
Depending on the manuscript type, a double–blind peer review may be required prior to the acceptance for publication.
Free of Charge
There are no hidden APCs (Author Processing Costs); publishing on our journal is completely free.
Each of our published content has a dedicated Digital Object Identifier (DOI) thanks to the services maintained by mEDRA.
ARCHEOSTORIE® Journal of Public Archaeology is articulated in the following sections:
- Topic of the Year section with articles that analyse a specific subject from several points of view;
- Satura Lanx section with articles beyond the main theme;
- Archaeotales section our archaeological short stories;
- News section that follows the academic papers in order to provide readers with first-hand reportages and analyses of important events of the year;
- Reviews section about relevant books, conferences, exhibitions, videos, etc.
Any book, video game, and documentary review need to be planned in advance by writing to email@example.com.
|Section||Submissions by||Type of content||Indexing (DOI)||Peer Review|
|Topic of the Year||Everybody||Research paper||✔️||✔️|
|Satura Lanx||Everybody||Research paper |
|News||Archeostorie Magazine, Editorial Board||–||✔️||–|
(planned in advance with the editorial board)
Further information is available on the Guidelines page.